Thursday, May 31, 2007

Is there better news?

But Jesus said, "Let the little children
come to Me and do not hinder them, for
to such belongs the kindgom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14

The cliches of life I have sought to avoid - however this one begs to be said. Judah invited Jesus into his heart today. We discussed the fact at lunch that God is everywhere. He wanted to know how we know He is near. He wanted to know how I know I have the Holy Spirit in my heart. And he wanted to know if Jesus was in his heart too.

So, I explained what that means - that we tell Jesus we are sinners. That we confess we need Him, and the work He accomplished on the cross to cover our sins. That he wants Him to be in his heart. And so we prayed together.... Glory to God!

For those of you who know me - this was not easy. I have struggled with not wanting to give myself, or my children a false sense of security. God is not to be taken lightly. Salvation is not a ticket to heaven, but a life change of wanting to serve God with our hearts. Of loving Him above all else. But this verse at the top of my blog came to mind - who am I to hinder my child from approaching the throne of salvation?

God knows the desires of my heart - I do not care what my children suffer in this life, only that they may come to know Him. That no hardship will be too great for them or me, if I know they are safe in the arms of my Saviour. Broken arms, broken hearts... famine, fears, being ostrisized.... I will hug them as we both cry - but rejoice all the more if that is part of what makes them stronger in their love and worship of God.

May He alone be glorified by their every actions! May today be the day when the old man (be he 4 and a half and four feet tall) dies, and gives way to a life that honours God! Samuel heard the voice of God as a tot, may all of my children call to Him, and He will answer them, and tell them great and mighty things that they have not known! (Jeremiah 33:3)

2 comments:

Sue said...

WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!! what AWESOME NEWS!!! sooooooo sweeeeet Nikk!! wow.
ONe of the reasons we chose Samuel's name was because of the great testimony of the Biblical samuel, and how early in life he chose to obey God. :)

cool cool cool.

Sarafina said...

That's awesome Nikk! I'm Sue's sister Sarah, she forwarded me your link don't worry I'm not some weirdo!!
I'm so glad that she's got an awesome friend like you. Your writing is powerful and speaks so well to the deep issues of our hearts, keep it up...I am now your faithful reader (0: